img

[Thread] Why is the Indian Public Market outperforming the US Public Market?

Both indexes began diverging sometime close to when Fed started to aggressively hike rates. It appears that the post-COVID rally was more favourable to the S&P but NIFTY is currently outperforming on absolute returns. My idea is fundamentally simple. Financial prudence during the raging recovery paid off for us, the economy appears resilient and poised to do well in the near to mid-term. It also reflects that markets are pricing recessionary risk very differently to both markets. Any ideas by others?

img
img

Jackietrader

Google

a year ago

img

Elon_Musk

X.com

a year ago

img

Kamlesh

Stealth

a year ago

See more comments
img

Careermode

LivSpace

a year ago

img

AITookMyJob

Startup

a year ago

img

salt

Gojek

a year ago

img

chanakya

Stealth

a year ago

img

BareActivity

Microsoft

a year ago

img

arvind

Infosys

a year ago

See more comments
img

Elon_Musk

X.com

a year ago

img

salt

Gojek

a year ago

img

BriefAcademy

Razorpay

a year ago

img

Noone

Goldman Sachs

a year ago

img

Kamlesh

Stealth

a year ago

img

cArnage

Murugappa

a year ago

img

Kamlesh

Stealth

a year ago

See more comments
img

ChotaChetan

Stealth

a year ago

img

EncryptedName

Student

a year ago

img

ElonMast

Amazon

a year ago

img

cArnage

Murugappa

a year ago

img

ElonMast

Amazon

a year ago

img

steppenwolf

Stealth

a year ago

img

Doofus

InMobi

a year ago

img

xcalabarat

Stealth

a year ago

img

PeriodicTea

Unnamed

a year ago

Sign in to a Grapevine account for the full experience.

Discover More

Curated from across

img

Personal Finance on

by steppenwolf

Stealth

TRADING UPDATE : Sector Analysis, Trades, Outperformance of my Portfolio

Below i have given links to my last few posts go through them to understand what i have done in the last 20 odd days. I was mentioning it from the month of Feb that Banks, FMCG , Metal are the sector where Risk : Reward lies in the market. Check it here - 1. https://share.gvine.app/GiMiy13zbhGLgrT97 I did give out stocks i am going behind for this cycle. Check it here - 2. https://share.gvine.app/cpfpbGgLVp441B2D8 I did go long in Bank Nifty FUT around 47100 Check it here - 3. https://share.gvine.app/8aJtMzoHxdWv7hPv5 I built my positions in Jindal S , Tata S , COLPAL, ABB , SIEMENS , ICICI B , BANK NIFTY FUT , Nifty FUT and SBI. From my entry point :- Jindal - +14.51% (Entered at 805) ABB - +14.35% ( Entered at 5880) COLPAL - +3.45% (Entered 2650) SIEMENS - +15.75% (Entered at 4880) ICICI B - +1% (Avg price is 1070) TATA S - +16% (Well i am holding Tata S from 115 levels i picked it up on 25 July 23. But i have entered again as a new trade around 140 on Feb 24 ) BANK NIFTY FUT - Long at 47100, till now have captured 1550 points. Picked up 2 Lots Nifty Fut - Picked up 1 Lot at 22,220, captured 300 Points Go through the links, i have mentioned above, i have updated everything here in real time. I did not explicitly post for each trade for that i will have to post on a daily basis. But i did mention where i am looking and where the opportunities lie with RISK : REWARD. Again risk : reward is of utmost importance for me. I don't like to talk about numbers but i will do it this time to show you that simple things work very well in the market. From 18th March - NIFTY 500 - +4.5 % Bank Nifty - +3.72% Nifty - +2.05% My portfolio is up 8.72%. I have outperformed every benchmark index by a margin. And this outperformance will continue because i have gone behind the leaders of this upleg. Now i expect all of these stocks to pause a little and absorb the supply before moving ahead. What next ? Check comment.

img
img

Personal Finance on

by Silverfox

Seed Stage Startup

[Must Read] Markets will Correct 📉

- Central Banks have almost achieved their objective of controlling inflation through tightened monetary policy. Though the CPI is inching lower, asset inflation is resurfacing through stock prices and real estate. - Many listed companies that came out with the quarterly numbers are nothing good to talk about. Growth and profits are subdued and for small and mid caps the numbers are decimated but the stocks are still trading at a historical premium. - Analysts will once again start downgrading the earnings forecast and that will start the downward momentum. Once again people will undergo the "Flight to Quality" effect. - No of Bankruptcies is steadily increasing - No of Job openings are trending lower - Most of the US listed firms that have borrowed at a lower interest rate in 2021 are coming up for renewals this year. By the time they refinance, they will be doing it at a higher interest rate which will impact their PAT as a result their EPS estimates will take a biting. - Gold looks attractive from a market cycle standpoint. My Recommendation: - Have an emergency fund for at least 6 to 9 months to cover your expenses. - Exit overvalued small and microcaps stocks. Move to a reasonably valued large cap. - Have health insurance for you and your dependents. - Move out of small cap mutual funds and have some allocation to debt funds. Let me know your thoughts. I hope 2025 turns out better.

img

Personal Finance on

by steppenwolf

Stealth

[TRADING] SBI HAS MOVED 20%. NOW WHAT TO DO NEXT ? ALSO, SOME OTHER BIG OPPORTUNITIES ?

SBI has moved around 20% for me. I'll explain how I plan to manage this trade ahead. You can read how and why I picked SBI here - https://share.gvine.app/yYujDrw15CLsLxC59 I have created my Substack, & I will begin posting there next week. I will drop the link here, so subscribe if you're interested :) I will also show who is interested, how to build a trading portfolio and enter the market at the right time in the next cycle after the correction. How one can outperform the market. ------------------------- The stocks that are on my radar are- ICICI B , JSW, Wipro, M&M. M&M has already given the entry but will wait for the pullback to get in. I picked up Wipro around 460. I selected Wipro before I started posting here, but will explain in another post how I chose it, just to give an idea of how to catch such moves. JSW Steel and ICICI Bank are getting ready, and I will initiate a trade when I get confirmation. I have entered with a probe quantity just to track it on a daily basis. They are doing the right thing for now. Again, I will only initiate if I get confirmation. I won't preempt. Why am I going behind JSW, SBI, ICICI Bank, and Wipro? Why behind Bank Nifty, Metal index,Nifty IT when PSU, Infra, Realty, Oil, and Energy are going crazy? Look at the index of Auto, Realty, Infra, PSU, Oil, and Gas, Energy. They have been consistently outperforming. Now if Nifty has to move up from here, which I think it will in weeks to come, I want to be in sectors and stocks that can offer a better good Risk:Reward. You always have to think about what can move next in the market. SBI, JSW, ICICI Bank, etc., are undervalued and underperforming. The sectors I mentioned above are outperforming but overvalued at this stage. Look at SBI and Wipro both have gone up 20% in the last 1 month without making any noise. I like it when the stock I hold keeps moving up without making noise on social media and news channels. CHECK COMMENT SECTION FOR SBI.

img